View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #24
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Always get the extended warranty? I've never heard that advice. I'd be out thousands if I had done that with past purchases. I only get it on dishwashers because we burn through them every couple years in my house running it twice a day. I never get the extended warranty on anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Yeah usually the extended warranty on electronics from big box stores is a complete waste of money, although I've never bought electronics from Costco.

If my TV isn't dying in the first month or two, it's more than likely going to last for well beyond the length of the extended warranty.
Really, I always get the extended warranties on any major appliance or large electronic that has the "fix in home" tag attached to it. I wouldn't ever buy it on anything small say a 4K blu-ray player, sound bar or Keurig but before we moved two years ago, almost every top of the line appliance we had originated from a lesser model we bought on sale, purchased the warranty and then I used those warranty rules to our advantage to either get store credit or an outright upgraded replacement.

Maybe it's just me but I've always been able to manipulate them to my advantage, one of the reasons I bought my 65" LG OLED when i did was because of how i used my warranty on the 70" Sharp TV I had at the time. After owning the Sharp for maybe a month I noticed a dead pixel but I didn't do anything about it since mainly you couldn't notice the pixel unless you went right up to the screen and knew where it was but also because i knew it's too expensive for manufacturers to fix panels that size so i sat on that little beauty of a dead pixel until about three months before my warranty was up and the store credit i was awarded paid for more then half of my new OLED, lol.

I actually recently bought two new OLED's and again purchased the warranties for both although i will say the warranty price at Visions wasn't as expensive as the one i purchased at Best Buy. Over all warranty prices have gone up a lot so i completely understand the hesitation but my thinking is if I'm going to spend a couple grand on an item, i pretty much want to be able to return it at any time if something goes wrong with it that wasn't my fault.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote