Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #883
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Turns out that I'm on a price guarantee until November 2020. So that's nice. Last year I was finally able to break the cycle of complain > small loyalty discount > rate increase > complain > reduce services > etc.. I got a good retentions guy who was actually impressed that I was a customer since 2002 and gave me basically a "new customer" rate for 2 years. It saves me about $50/month, which is not chump change.

The funny thing is, I'm already dreading having to do the song and dance in about 11 months. I genuinely do like Shaw and have never had an issue with their service. I just really dislike having to be the squeaky wheel to get a fair price. That being said, if they can't do something similar for me when this term is up, I have no problem rage quitting and testing the waters with someone else.

The only thing that I really need cable for is Flames games anyway, but the pricing right now for me to have internet and cable is way cheaper than dropping cable, keeping internet only, and then subscribing to Sportsnet Now or whatever it is get Flames games.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote