View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzcock View Post
Ken Fisher also recently wrote an article forecasting next year's US market returns based on the election cycle. You can find it here.

Interestingly, in an election year such as 2016, the US market typically performs well if a Republican is to be elected but underperforms with a Democrat win. This trend then reverses the following year. Fisher is betting against Hilary - and consequently he also expects a solid year in the US market next year.

It does beg the question though....if Fisher and yourself are correct and next year will be a great year for the US markets...am I better off just investing my money down south rather than at home?
It depends on how you are investing in some sense. If you're buying single securities, or securities traded on a US exchange you pay about $1.33 at this point for the exchange. That can be daunting for quite a few people. There is a school of thought I have heard where people say the dollar is at a twelve year low, so it should go back towards parity. I don’t quite agree because I remember the dollar in the sixties (as in $0.60).

Like I say above, I can't tell you exactly how I would invest though. I don’t know you, and have no idea of your situation. If you want to contact me and have coffee or something though, we could talk further.