View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #3409
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Despite what some may hope/believe, I still don't think that promotion and relegation will be the result of this, and that's how it needs to be. We simply don't have the population and structure for pro/rel like other countries do. No owner would ever go near a CanPL team if they could lose everything after one bad season. I could, however, see successful tier 2 teams making a good argument for joining CanPL. Almost like a development incubator for clubs/markets as well as players.
The FC Cincinnati story. I think it's a good case to make in Canadian pro soccer. If there is enough interest and fan base in the club itself, then it should be considered for a CPL franchise on its own, rather than a promotion/relegation.

That said, Div 2 teams could be a good place for a farm team system. IMO guys like Pepple and Loturi would have benefited from getting field time as starters. This would be a good way to build football interest in satellite communities with smaller populations (e.g. Red Deer, Lethbridge, Foothills FC) but still have them accessible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: