View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #17
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly06Cup View Post
In general, I thought people loved the 2004 jersey. That had a black C with a decent amount of black trim. I'm surprised at how vocal people are on here about wanting to switch to the retro red, white, and yellow. Those are very gaudy colors. I'm very happy with the current color scheme.
Nothing wrong with the scheme, it's the excessive stripes everywhere. They need to simplify the #### out of the design like almost everyone else has done.

Removing just the piping and taking away the black collar makes the top half drastically less cluttered than the bottom, which is still overloaded with small stripes along the sides and bottom fringe. It was the right move but they forgot to balance that by taking away something from the bottom as well, so now the thing is unbalanced and just looks awkward.

If their plan is to release these slightly different ones, then do another redesign in 1-2 seasons then I hope that plan backfires and only a small amount of people actually bother spending money on these. This along with the terrible excuses for arena proposals is just another eff you to what has been a loyal and passionate fanbase and it ticks me off.

I love the team but that does not extend beyond the players, bench staff and our GMs. King, Burke and ownership are making Edmonton look good these days with their decisions and interactions with the public. Making the organization look like a collection of stubborn, greedy morons.

Yes, as far as this goes, it's just a jersey. And I'm happy to cheer on the team regardless, but will be doing so without one of these on my back because I know the team is capable of much better. And honestly, we deserve better.

Last edited by djsFlames; 06-21-2017 at 01:04 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote