View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #102
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I would agree but it largely depends on the existing players. For the Sharks example, the new GM was well versed in how the game is played - accumulated numerous picks from selling off his usable assets (to less experienced GMs), then used a portion of those picks to acquire different assets that made them competitive. In my case the previous GM left me without a first round pick for two years, no prospects, and only three usable players (Giroux, Couture, and Luongo). I'm sure an experienced GM could have turned the team around, but as someone new to the game it took me a couple seasons to develop my plan and begin to act on it.
These philosophical debates come up every off-season it seems.
I think it also depends on why each person plays the game. I love the draft, it is my favorite part of the game. I also love tracking prospects. So I have always made sure I have a lot of picks and a lot of prospects.
Others play the game to try and find the magical combination of players in the sim to win the season.
We all have different reasons, and it would be hypocritical of me to tell others how to manage their teams.
Ultimately what I love about the game is the relationship between supply and demand and how to turn that to your advantage.
The fact that this off-season all of a sudden supply of good veteran players seems high and demand seems really low doesn't bother me, it just makes the game even more interesting as now we all have to figure out how to manage to that reality. The market (your other GMs) ultimately decides the value of players not the GM trading that player.

The game is always changing.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: