View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that Trudeau and his Justice Ministers statements about this were really inappropriate.

It sounds like everyone wanted a sacrifice more then a guilty verdict.

The witnesses were bad and couldn't be relied upon to be truthful.

The prosecution did a poor job.

There was no way that there should have been anything but a not guilty plea.

The whole lets start making a segregated court system for Natives makes very little sense, but that's what everyone seems to want.

They wanted a native jury. The First Nations is calling for native judges and lawyers, and frankly I'm all for that in the context of the general justice system.

But Trudeau wanted a guilty verdict in the name of political correctness and inclusion, but the last time I checked, the Justice System isn't supposed to be some Mayanesque sacrificial alter in the name of making people feel better. I've been told that here a thousand times, that justice isn't about the victims or their families but about the law.

As a sideline, the victim and his friends had tried to steal a truck on another property, and then gone on this property and started eyeing up vehicles and then started a ATV, so frankly the victims families are kind of lying to themselves here, and portraying him as a kid mercilessly slaughtered for being native, and it feels like the press is choosing sides in this story.

Our Prime Minister shouldn't have commented on this case at all, all he's done is throw more kindling into the fire.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: