View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 03:22 PM   #1317
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't expect ETH to be the mining coin du jour if it's return is cut by 30% or more.

FIRO, Aeternity, Conflux and possibly even Raven could compete in that pricing sphere; they are mostly all ETH-20 based and most use the same miner software, though not all are on the biggest exchanges (but I'd argue that Gate.io and Bittrex are growing, especially internationally).

There are myriad factors that will play into the viability of ETH mining this summer vs other coins such as
  • Price of ETH - If it goes over 2,000 USD and stays there, it becomes very attractive
  • Other tokens increasing in value - All the tokens noted above jump around, but have the potential to become much larger
  • Block Difficulty - ETH has only been getting progressively harder to mine (almost 3x harder than last April as of writing), and is now frequently over 6P the last week. It will only get worse
  • Exchange Adoption - If you see any of those 4 coins get brought into say, the Coinbase ecosphere, their pricing will most likely jump as trading will become much easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote