View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #3
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a subscription to The Hockey News from 1990 until 2018 or 2019. For like the last 6 years of my subscription I ready maybe one or two issues per year on top of the yearbook.

Other than that, I don't remember buying a magazine for well over a decade.

Somebody at work as a subscription to tabloid magazines and brings them in to the staff lounge, but I think she even stopped doing that because I don't think I saw them for the last couple of years (especially not this last year since we're all working from home and banned from using the staff lounge when we are in the building).

As a Kid I always got WWF magazine, and Pro Wrestling Illustrated and a couple of other Wrestling magazines. I would pick up one of those every now and then until around 2000 when broadband internet finally came to Lethbridge.

When I go to Vegas I bring home the magazines (or promotional booklets) that they leave in your hotel rooms and promptly put them on my bedside table to be buried by my tablet and whatever book I'm reading.

I do miss reading magazines though, but they are a bit expensive to keep buying month after month when you can find similar or exact content on the internet.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote