Thread: Jeopardy!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 11:14 PM   #140
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Do you think they rig final jeopardy against long running contestants at a certain point? They have data for all contestants strengths and weaknesses based on pre-show testing and for a long time champion they have even more knowledge.

At some point on these streaks ratings start to dip so then do you subtlety up the difficulty until they lose.
I dont know and I'm not usually a conspiracy theory kind of guy (except for the Lizard-Men that is a real threat!).

But the other contestants have to get it right. Circumstances have to go just a certain way and on top of all of that I'd bet some people love the streaks just as much as others might hate them, so it'd be a tough demographic/ratings thing to judge.

I think its more likely that she was either exhausting her knowledge or the sheer grind just wore her down over time.

Amy is in line with a lot of contestants who won a bunch of money via the grind. I think Holzhauer won way more money than she did in 8 fewer games.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote