View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
My impression, certainly not fact based, is that many people need short term solutions to long term issues. And there's definitely a place for that. Often, but not always, insomnia (and other neurological challenges) have other contributors too such as diet, anxiety, health, and other stressors. Some people seem to handle all these contributors better than others, in other words there's only so much that fit into your "bucket" and your "bucket" may be of a different size to someone elses at this time.

So despite it being painful to do it may be worthwhile having an honest sit down to review stressors, then prioritize according to the 4 D's: Do it, Delete it, Defer it, Delegate it. Same thing with work and emails actually.

Also phrased as: 1) Urgent & important; 2) not urgent and important; 3) urgent and not important (ie someone elses problem they foisted off upon you); or 4) not urgent and not important.
Since learning these two ways of looking at EVERYTHING, I'm still learning to apply them consistently, but honestly it really changed my outlook and how to evaluate life stress and mental health.
Another important item not to overlook, and related to diet, is to actually have a full spectrum analysis and hormone review. All too often deficiencies in absorption and elimination manifest in physical and emotional issues. For some people taking on specific large dosage supplements makes a radical difference (best done under medical supervision of course, whether that's allopathic, naturopathic, or functional medicine).
Best of luck and hopefully you and your partner figure out a long term solution.
This is a great post and I thank you for it. Without going into specifics so as to respect her privacy, she is doing much of all the above as well, as it pertains to examining her over all well being. Her desire to try this new avenue to help sleep, is definitely to get some short term relief while the data continues to come in from the various tests, consultations, etc.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote