View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 08:34 AM   #4363
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Zero kids should need to have their genitals checked for anything than a legit medical reason as determined by their doctor. Zero.

How many Trans kids are playing sports or will play sports at the teenage level? We know Utah's terrible law affected a single MTF kid (as it didn't affect the other 4 FTM kids). In the entire state. Imagine being 14 or whatever seeing a law passed that targets just you? Unreal.

People are losing sight of the fact that most kids just want to play sports with their peers, have fun, and these kinds of laws prevent that - if a kid is gifted enough to get an NCAA scholarship or go pro as an adult, that is a different discussion. I mean Lia Thomas won one NCAA title, but people also overlook that she also came in last in another event and didn't reach the podium in the rest.

The 'sanctity of women's sports' for teenagers is a deflection. There's a fear that a bunch of boys will just decide to identify as girls so they can win - kind of like that South Park Strong Woman episode - which again completely misses the point of youth sports.
Will some idiot kid try to do it? Yep. Do we need laws? Nah, because being trans isn't a fad, it is their life, and often life or death. The RL Eric Cartman's of the world are few and far between (wow, two SP references in one post!) and will be exposed if they do try.

The cruelty of these laws and the inhumanity of the supporters of these laws is a feature, not a bug.

It was hard enough for me 25 years ago being the gay kid on a baseball team - I just wanted to hang out with my friends and feel 'normal'. I can't remember all the emotions of what I went through as a kid, but I do remember those times I was just one of the guys.

Again, let me be very clear and loud for those reading this in the back: the cruelty of these laws and the inhumanity of the supporters of these laws is a feature, not a bug.

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 06-09-2022 at 08:37 AM.
MRCboicgy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post: