View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:53 PM   #736
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
I did Powderface Ridge last weekend for the first time and it had a pretty good bang for the buck. You don't have to work too hard but you get some nice views (or I would have it wasn't so smoky).

However, the trail markers are pretty abysmal particularly on the ridge. I find this is pretty common on a lot of Provincial hikes. I compare that to the markings at a Federal hike like Lake O'Hara and they're not even in the same stratosphere.
Lake Ohara was made by the greatest trail builder in Canadian History. Lawrence Grassi. It blows away any and all National park trails. Aside from other ones built by the master himself.

I did Ptarmigan on the weekend with a friends family with their young kids. It was stupid busy. Probably a km of cars. The hike wasn’t too terribly crowded though as the switch backs have been braided so much it is fairly easy for one group to short cut. Not great for the trail but good for Covid. The hike is hiking 4 year old friendly. Lots of kids in the 4-6 range hiking it.
Larches were about perfect.

Last edited by GGG; 09-21-2020 at 09:57 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote