View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #58
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Of note: Please look at the membership info in the first post. Anything with a "?" needs to be provided. I will not be contacting people individually to get the info. An unwritten rule regarding membership in this club is the ability to follow along and discern for yourself when your input is needed. This will be huge when we start getting into systems, and especially huge when we're reading and reacting to opposition systems.

Goaltending
Also, I have been playing around in goal in some drop-in games. I lost my very first game in net 8-2 (yikes), but I won my second game 4-2. The first game, I was trying to do too much, but in between games, I went into the practice mode and got a better feel for what is required in order to make the save. I have to say I enjoy playing goal. I was always in goal when we played growing up, so angles/rebounds/etc are a natural thing for me. Anyway, having said all of this, when I get through this week, I'd like to try a couple club games (ie: good players) and see how I do. Others are also welcome to strap on the pads as well. To be blunt: We need a goalie, and they have to be good. A lot of the pro/elite level games are tight-checking, so 1-2 goal differentials are pretty common.

Formalized Schedule, Input for Systems, Team Captains
Lastly, let's try to shore-up a formal schedule this week. Right now, we're getting things set up and playing some impromptu games to get a feel for our teammates. Very soon, however, I'd like to start finalizing lineup and bench spots and start getting into the systems stuff. To that end, I have named captains for the team (listed in the first post - I hope they don't mind, since I haven't spoken to them about it), and I would like to elicit preliminary input from everyone about which systems we should adopt. Final decisions will rest with the captains, but this club belongs to all of its members - so input from everyone is expected and appreciated.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote