View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 02:52 PM   #332
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of interested in this comparison because I'm currently trying to decide between the 65" CX or the 75" Q80T. I know that OLEDs produce better pictures, but there are a couple of reasons I think the Q80 might be better for me:

1) I live in a bachelor apartment and so I don't have a dedicated TV room. It's a decent-sized bachelor apartment and I currently have my TV against the wall/balcony doors that light comes in from. So while glare isn't a massive issue, the room does get fairly bright unless I close the blinds, something that I don't mind doing at night, but I'd rather keep them open during the day if I'm gaming or watching daytime sports.

2) Worried about screen burn. I use my TV as a PC monitor and I like strategy games. I'll play games such as Civ for hours on end and I'm worried that the OLED is going to burn-in if I do. I also sometimes pass out if I'm drinking and listening to tunes through my computer and could see the desktop or Spotify images burning in.

3) 75" would be way better for my FOV with the way I have things set up at the moment.
Same boat as you when I upgraded (when it came to those two TVs).

For me, and sitting 11 feet back, a 75 inch was a huge upgrade from my 1080p 65 inch TV. The TV now feels like it's the appropriate size for the room.

I do a lot of gaming on my TV, and went Q80T over OLED, because I don't want to have to worry about it all. There's times where we leave Netflix/Youtube open on the TV (forget to turn it off), and I didn't want to have any stress about using the TV set, no matter how unlikely.

We are also in a bright unit (during the day) and the set doesn't suffer in direct light.

I think it would have been a harder decision if I was deciding between two 75" sets, but the additional size is definitely worth the upgrade for me. I've heard great things about the Q90T, and was wondering if I should have upgraded to that set (before the TV was delivered), but I'm very happy with this TV.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post: