Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #1149
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
MOCA is a little harder to come by and it's slightly more expensive to acquire/slightly trickier to install. However, it will have better stability and reliability than power line. I don't have experience with MOCA, but I saw some of the equipment on Amazon for around $100-200 for gigabit.

Power line I see they are around $100 for gigabit as well, but you also can buy 500 mbps for like $55 so it's quite a bit cheaper. You may have to power cycle them every once in a while. After you pair them, you can basically move them all over the place.

However, since you're getting close to the $100 price point, I'd personally lean more towards spending $150-250 and go with a mesh system with 3 nodes. You'd improve wifi in your entire home more than for your purposes of bluecurve tv and this method is more future proof than MOCA or powerline. Any electronics store will have. Amazon and Bestbuy are good bets.
I’ve been thinking about upgrading my wifi anyway, since I only have wifi-n other than the shaw modem. And I have both down in my furnace room out of the way.