View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #1624
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'm no expert, I can only suggest some baseline things.

Did you manually reset all the sound settings as well? I seem to recall that factory settings didn't work for me for the Vizio sound bar. I had to manually reset the sound settings to get rid of the echo. It was as if there was a special sound setting or effect built into factory default that was incorrect or something. No idea if the same will happen with your Pioneer receiver.

The other possibility that I'm wondering is if there's some bizarre situation where you have dual sound output from the same input. Like somehow sound is being played from the output via HDMI and optical near but not fully simultaneously or something like that. If you change the input to the receiver (different HDMI, optical, whatever), does the issue persist?
The sound settings I'm not too sure how to do that on the receiver. The menu itself is extremely basic and doesn't really let you do much beyond some basic configurations.

Thanks for the suggestion on maybe changing the HDMI input and seeing if that works. Something I've read was the speakers maybe being out of phase and I see a "phase" button on the remote but it doesn't seem to let me do much.

Edit to add I tried the different HDMI port and no go. The manual didn't really add much either. Guess I will suck it up but appreciate the help.

Last edited by ajr4013; 01-05-2021 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added details
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote