View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #2323
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Any Switch game recommendations for the ladies? I want to get some games that both my wife and I will enjoy. My wife likes to play Mario Kart, but it starts to get stale. We are looking for some quick games without a lot of time investments or steep learning curve...And she probably won't appreciate Mortal Kombat....
Here is my recommendations based on what my wife likes:

-Mario party - easy to learn and play together with no real "investment" required. The Switch version also has a mode where you can plan on a team which my wife wants to play almost exclusively

-Super Mario Odyssey - the role of "cappy" is basically a character than cannot die and helps Mario as he does most of the heavy lifting. Absolutely perfect game for a more experienced gamer to play as Mario and a less (or no) experienced gamer to play cappy

-Stardew Valley - not too expensive and something she enjoys playing on her own. Virtually no combat and just a farming type simulator that you slowly develop and grow over time

-Pokemon Sword / Shield - Another one she plays alone. She did play pokemon on gameboy way back in the day so that helps for sure, but it's something she'll pick up on her own from time to time. I think the lack of any real time combat (it's all turn based) is a big draw

-Untitled goose game - Another cheaper one, though its not very long. Good for a laugh and fun to watch someone else play too