View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #2321
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Ok, would she then need to go and create a profile on the Nintendo website and associate her local profile with it or does that get shoe horned into my profile somehow?
I’m going off memory because I did all of this for my kids about a year ago but I believe the answer is yes and if I’m remembering correctly there was some stupid charge of like $0.50 to set it up or link it with the other.

Quote:
This seems a bit more confusing than it needs to be.
That’s because it is. I remember at the time thinking it would have been difficult for Nintendo to have made it anymore complicated to set up multiple online accounts.

Quote:
As it stands now, she rarely uses her local account. When we fire up Mario Kart for instance, we are presented with both local accounts and always pick mine. I don't think we've even thought signing into both accounts when playing locally.
You may be fine with the individual account if your wife doesn’t play on her own very often, I tried using the individual one for my kids for a while but they both wanted to be able to play under their individual accounts for certain games so I upgraded to the family account.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post: