View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 05:13 PM   #42
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Once you get used to 4k HDR it's hard to go back. I feel this next generation shouldn't have much excuses for 4k @ 30 fps as they they should be able to handle 60 fps. Personally I'm hoping for shorter loading times as long load times can ruin good games.
They're saying the PS5 SSD is much faster than anything on the market right now, and Sony has been saying they want to essentially remove load times. We'll see if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
This seems like a strange take. Not everyone sits 14 feet from a 50 inch TV in a living room. I play on a 55 inch LG OLED in a smaller den (eyes maybe 7 feet removed from the screen), and the difference represented by 4K resolution is night and day. Even between PS4 Pro and XB1X, games like Battlefield V and Destiny are notably sharper on the Xbox.
There's a good chance you're actually viewing a dynamic resolution well below 4k that's being upscaled for your TV. It's still going to be a good jump and a testament to the upscaler quality that you probably can't tell the difference, though. Very few games actually run at native 4k on a console and it's unfortunate that most people get sold on the idea that they are getting "4k" picture quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
I'm hoping future PS5 games will have an option that lets you choose either 30fps/high resolution, or 60 or 120 fps/lower resolution. Might mean I can keep my 1080P tv a little longer, but play games in glorious 60 or 120 fps.
This is already an option on some PS4 Pro and Xbox One X compatible games. Usually the default is higher resolution and 30 fps locked, or a "performance mode" where the framerate is uncapped and the resolution dropped.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote