View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #36
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I'll respectively disagree. D3 will sell millions and will be anything but a bust. Right now the only thing that annoys me are the WoW style graphics, but I am sure I'll get used to it and Blizzard will make it worse. And I doubt Activision will have any say on the game. They may be partners, but Blizzard isn't going to let Activision eff up D3 or Starcraft 2.

Except they already have when it comes to Starcraft. SC2 would apparently have been ready months ago but Activision execs demanded needless changes to the Battle.Net system to turn it into a needless catch-all that would help them monitor gamers, much in the same way spy-ware monitors websites you visit. They pushed for the game not to be released until the system was ready. This will affect Diablo as well.

Breaking SC2 into three seperate games was also apparently an Activision idea, not that it really bugs me, but in the Blizzard community it's about as popular as dog crap on the shoe.

Activision's execs also pushed WotLK out months early to cash in on the Holiday season rush as opposed to a Summer release and from what people are saying Cataclysm will suffer the same fate.

Activision does have say in Blizzard games now, and it has been noticeable.

Diablo 3 will sell well on grounds that it is Diablo, but I think it will be rife with flaws and errors and will not approach the sales of the previous game or any of the other Blizzard games.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote