View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #90
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
That's fair about variable performance.

I also think most current hybrids have issues in the sense that the perception is that they're inferior in most ways to a traditional car minus the green aspect. I mean, look at vehicles like the Prius, Leaf, Volt and even other hybrid options of current gasoline vehicles that are offered. They're all wimpy.
Volt is discontinued, Leaf is a short range BEV, Prius doesn't really compete with either. On the Prius it's all but dead the "green cred" aura is gone and sedan sales are waning.
Quote:
Interesting on the RAV4. Kinda in the right direction, maybe? But it's a traditional gas hybrid which is engine with battery strapped on which isn't really moving the needle for many individuals.
Toyota hybrids sell very well actually the current RAV4 hybrid is very popular.
Quote:
Do you think a pure EV vehicle with a gas generator to recharge the batteries is a viable possibility for the future?
You're really stuck on this. No it's not viable the Volt proved it, too much of a compromise.
Quote:
Hell, the gas generator can be a removable unit to give you more storage space for all I care.
Really? You think people are going to yanking out a generator from their car? How is something like that ever going to pass emissions standards?
Quote:
I just think it would be a good step to move away from the inferior hybrid perception if the generator can run while you drive and extend the distance you can travel without stopping.
That's your perception hybrids are in fact great vehicles at least from Toyota. RAV4 and Highlander for example in hybrid trim are great cars especially for people that drive a lot.

But hey if you want a serial hybrid (that's what you're talking about) go buy a used Volt. How come you don't own one?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote