View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #96
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah I kinda figured that this was going to happen.

I think that in terms of features and capabilities that the F35 is probably the best choice based on Canada's strategic needs.

As with any bleeding edge military weapons platform the developement is bound to be incredibly painfull and problematic.

Lockheed Martin has really screwed the pooch on this project, but I believe that most of the nations that have committed to the F-35 will eventually own the F-35. Lockheed Martin might have to eat some significant money on it.

If they open the competition up, there aren't really any other jet fighters that can compare, and based on strategic reauirements for the next 30 years, price can't be the primary deciding point.

There's no question that Canada has to replace its current inventory of F-18 in the next 7 years at a maximum.

I don't think you can buy European jets because of not only logistical issues but strategic concerns. You certainly can't buy jets from Russia, or China.

you need to look at American made jets, but they all require the same sort of logistical and training upheaval during the tchange over cycle.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote