View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #22
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Must have missed that. I'm more Canadian media based, with a sprinkle of US and everything I saw pre-season for last year had the Raptors as a strong playoff team that wouldn't be able to contend without Khawi.

I mean they were still beating most teams in the regular season when Khawi was sitting, I think it was pretty clear they would be a strong playoff team with him off to LA, but one that couldn't contend. And it played out exactly like that. And now this season they will descend further due to other teams progressing, and more so if Siakam isn't able to regain form.
Yeah it seems like it was mostly American media who hadn't been paying attention to the Raptors. Quite a few had them as a bubble team sitting around .500.

I don't think it's fair to say they weren't contenders last year though. I mean they finished with the 2nd best record in the league and almost made it to the conference finals.

They looked pretty sloppy tonight though but it's the first game of the season so not going to worry yet.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote