View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #17
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth22 View Post
I think a NAS would be perfect for you, and while you can't go wrong with either QNAP or Synology,
I tend to agree. Hands are basically tied anyways. I had originally considered building a new rig and loading WHSv1 back on to it but I doubt it would even update past whatever build is on the install disk. Can't find a copy of WHSv2 anywhere so choices are limited. Such a shame. I think those Acer boxes killed any chance WHS had of taking off as that seems to be most peoples experience with that O/S.

I'm looking at the 451+ as I like the idea of 4 bays. The QNaps' are loaded with a ton of features. I guess I also need to factor in the price of hard drives as they don't appear to come with the NAS. ME seems to have a decent lineup of NAS drives.

As an upside, researching a new NAS has led me to discover SSD's are finally getting to be a decent price. I wasn't happy with the upgrade to Win10 as it was a bit glitchy and was considering a fresh install. I have a system SSD now and a regular data drive. Might be a good time to buy a bigger SSD and load everything on to it.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 08-11-2016 at 11:08 AM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote