View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #32
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
And this should not come as a surprise to anyone since the odds are not purely a product of performance expectations. Betting houses need to make money, so in addition to calculating on the basis of projections, that also need to factor in the popularity of one team over another among the betters—odds are affected by where the money is wagered, a lot of which is not necessarily all that “smart.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holds true in most cases but hard to believe that the Winnipeg Jets are a popular team.

It would be a shock if the Flames did not lock up a playoff spot with a good margin of error. Winnipeg is supposed to be in for a battle to get a wild card spot. 4 teams in their division have lower odds to win the SC.

The teams with the largest fan bases NYR 30-1 and Chicago 40-1 would be teams who I would think have the odds shortened because of their popularity.

I think the Hawks at 40-1 might be the best bet on the board. 6 pts out of the playoffs last year and they did this mainly without an NHL level goalie... Lehner changes that! The Hawks will be the best team that Lehner has played behind.

Have the Jets become the Green Bay Packers of the NHL (without the winning tradition)
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote