View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #29
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

To explain my post

I did over 500 simulations of the draft because I had the No. 1 pick last season. I was trying to find it’s reset number where odds equal the NHL . I wanted to do a 1000 as I seen that as a fair base for a number but gave up out of frustration

It is my “believe” that site generates random selections as fans from a fanbase are more likely to visit and keep using the site if they are seeing their team odds being a possibility. The more all teams use the site the more traffic it generates

The site list NHL odds but does not list their odds. If the site was reputable it would also list the results for the site and you would see ex. Buffalo’s % through every SIM and be able to compare that to the NHL. No where on the site does it list it’s odds it using and base number. Although they list the NHL odds everywhere

Honestly speaking that was my issue last season, I knew because of the number of times I ran the sim that I had better odds trading down than having the number 1 pick.

I do understand the leagues need to get things done, and even though it may come off wrong I don’t think there’s any intent do harm. I see it as it doesn’t matter because the importance of the pick doesn’t carry the same weight.

As a poor team, I just wanted a fair chance and I don’t believe this site (tankathon) gives it. I also understand I’m looking at this from a perspective of a poor team and that’ because it’s easy for other team to approve changes because it increases their odds. The part I find frustrating is that your team isn’t good enough all year and the only hope you have is you didn’t trade away your pick and then at the last minute the rules are changed so better teams can take over the top 10.

Either or it’s not something I want to be removed from the league about as I feel more passionate about this. It’s not easy loosing for a decade and there’s already a hard enough to get over that hump and turn things around. This is all I’m going to say on the matter as I think it’s a no win situation
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: