View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ditch View Post
It wouldn't be a good e-reader because it's backlit. Take a look at a kindle or one of the other e-readers with e-ink. The e-ink isn't backlit, it isn't being refreshed, it is very enegery efficient (battery lasts forever), you can read it in the sun. It's as easy on your eyes as reading a piece of paper. Plus the other e-readers cost anywhere from $60-$300.

You can already read your kindle books on your iphone or ipod touch, and I'm sure Amazon would come out with an app for that for the tablet.

To expand on the e-ink, I can't find the company website but there's a company who's already developed coloured e-ink displays.

Found it:

http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/ereader/
Thanks for that link. I figured that there must be something out there, or at least something close. I'm only a month or so in with the kindle, but once there is full colour, video etc. I will somehow love it even more!

As far as this thread goes I have a hard time seeing the point of the tablet. I have an iMac, iPhone, iPod and my wife has the touch. We hardly seem to use the iMac as it is just because the other two wifi units basically let us do everything we need to. I guess I could eat my words, but somehow I doubt I'll be buying.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote