View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I've said it numerous times, but I really hope this is something that could exist in that empty space between the iPhone and the MacBook. Apple really doesn't have a "netbook"-ish device, and I'm hoping this could fill that void. The fact that I'm over-the-moon excited for this is mainly because I'm an absolute geek for this kind of thing, truthfully I give the tablet a 20% chance of impressing me.

It's been widely touted as an e-reader, and that type of device is not something I've ever been interested in. The majority of my "me" time is spend on the train each morning and afternoon and I tend to get nauseated if I try to read in a moving vehicle. The train ride is also another reason it may not work as much for me, as I like the compact size of the iphone for watching tv/movies.

That aside I'm still very excited for this product. I'd say the smart money is on me not buying it, but I'm still chomping at the bit to see it. If some of the rumours are true then not only has Steve Jobs been giving the majority of his time to this project, but he's extremely happy with it. That to me says something. Steve Jobs is a mad man. His attention to detail is so anal that I can't help but be intrigued when somebody says he's excited for something.

As for iPhone 4.0 I'm very interested to see if android has lit a fire under their asses. In keeping with the divorce, I wonder if we'll see something related to that map company they bought? The idea of Apple distancing themselves from google maps maps me borderline weepy, but I'd like to see what's going on.

The last (big) update was for cut/paste and push. Those were huge features that the iPhone was missing. Now that we have those, I have a hard time wondering what the phone really needs. Background running apps? I don't see it happening but I'm wrong most of the time.

I didn't know there could be iLife updates. That perks my ears a lot. I love the iLife programs. I'm a little concerned now that I've made the full switch to aperture though. If they upgrade iPhoto with some crazy features I'll feel defeated.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: