View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #35
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
It's funny this is probably one of the few Marvel movies that actually has people split. I've had people on both sides, just like this thread, saying it was above average or just missed the mark.

Maybe it's just origin movie fatigue at this point? But I did think that this was a very intriguing and original approach to an origin story. But I'm also a 90's kid so I am biased I think.
It's not fatigue, that's such a tired cliche for superhero movies that keep setting box office records. I'd say it's just Marvel missing the mark a little bit when they're used to dealing with more grounded heroes. The closest comparable to Danvers is Thor, but in his movies he's always been up against enemies in his same weight class, and one that completely outclassed him and required more than brute strength to beat. Captain Marvel had no such foes to face off against, she was facing the same enemies as GOTG except with the powers of a god. Imagine how empty GOTG would have felt if Danvers had shown up and simply blasted away Ronan

I'm not saying it's a terrible movie, it did a decent job as an origin piece and served as a good segway into Endgame. I'm just hoping that we get a much more balanced character now that she'll be facing comic enemies that she can't just mow down
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote