View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #269
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

In regards to the 2 point Convert it does seem like most teams are reluctant to use them when they have the lead until they start thinking about what the lead is and how many scores are needed to keep up...than factor in emotions like your kicker has already enraged you by missing one.

Pittsburgh was one of the only teams that I can remember who would open a game with a TD, and than go for 2 type of thing.

Most teams only start to use them when they fall behind which is why I think New England was low on that list...they typically are not behind late in a game.

I suspect most coaches are too concerned with the criticism they would face if they said screw it I'm going for 2, and only made 1 of 3 and lost a game 21-20 type of thing, vs the credit they would get for going 2 of 3 and winning 22-21. We have seen a lot of coaches go for 2 in a game where they are down one, not convert and get hammered for losing the game on that decision. Over 16 games the 0.1 points per game lost adds up to something....within the context of one game itself the extra 0.1 points becomes 1 whole point, and it's a question of are you going to get it or not?

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 09-21-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote