View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 05:16 AM   #7
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
According to Darren Haynes only 2 of the last 19 Harvard players drafted left early, but I think Fox will be one of those exceptions. Fox is just too good to stay the full 4 years and I can't see him losing out on potentially 2 years of NHL earnings.

http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2017/...things-to.html
It's too bad Haynes didn't include the other players in question. I've tried to find it, but can't easily find a list of players who were both NHL drafted and played at Harvard.

Haynes did miss Louis Leblanc on his list. Leblanc signed with the Habs after one year at Harvard, where (like Fox) he won Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

Using hockeydb.com, I was able to find 14 players who were drafted since 1995, played at Harvard, and have played at least one NHL game:
  1. Craig Adams
  2. Chris Bala
  3. Alex Biega
  4. Danny Biega
  5. Tom Cavanagh
  6. Alexander Killorn
  7. Louis Leblanc
  8. Craig MacDonald
  9. Sean Malone
  10. Dominic Moore
  11. Steve Moore
  12. Dylan Reese
  13. Jimmy Vesey
  14. Noah Welch

It's difficult to draw any conclusions by comparing those players to Fox since it's not exactly a list of superstars. Steve Moore is the only one who was a point-a-game player as a (19 year-old) freshman. Some of them never hit a point-a-game at Harvard.

I would bet that most of those players weren't even offered an NHL contract until after their fourth year.