View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:18 AM   #314
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
I like Ajax as much as I like Chelsea - i.e. I will cheer for either against pretty much anyone else. You just sound paranoid. The Blind trip was clearly a yellow, and therefore a red. Very unlucky that on the same sequence a player used a hand in the penalty box to stop a goal- bound shot - the hand was hanging and the ball would have been on target but for the hand. Seems like a reasonable yellow card and, hence, a red. Sure, CFC were lucky, but I don't see a conspiracy there...
Your (or mine) opinion doesn't matter if the ref and/or the VAR followed the rules.

The Veltman penalty:

- There is now no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if the ball hits a player using his arm for support. (Mazraoui defelcted the ball)

And in addition:

- There will be no penalty if:
the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.

Besides that, the 'triple punishment' (penalty, sending off, suspension) was scratched from the rulebook 1 or 2 season ago.

The above situation wouldn't even matter if the ref followed this rule:

- Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal.

Ref should've stopped play after the Blind foul
(it was a foul on Blind first and his first yellow card was total BS, but okay)

https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/how-...91qyeu9ay8wlrn

https://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/32/section/94/

Conspiracy? Nah, I don't believe that.
However, when 1 team is screwed over several times in 180 minutes against the same opponent, not by opninion but by the rulebook, it's very hard to explain and to understand.
And it's not like UEFA is transparant and an open book organization with a flawless track record.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J79 For This Useful Post: