View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #60
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Yeah I guess the France/England game being cancelled isn't that big a deal. They play each other once a year and will both have a tough route to the finals. You've got to feel bad for the Italians though. 99 times out of a 100 they would lose to the ABs but at least they had that chance. They better not cancel the Scotland vs Japan game. It is shaping up to the be one of the games of the tournament.

This has been a really strange world cup. In some ways it has been the best Cup ever with the crazy Japanese fans really embracing the game, the minnows showing increased competitiveness, and some really exciting creative rugby. On the other hand it has been the worst Cup ever with poor officiating, games dragging from reviews, inconsistent suspensions, and now games being cancelled.

Edit: Supposedly the Italy vs NZ game could have been delayed 24 hours but NZ refused due to having less rest before the QF. The Italians have every right to be pissed. Also Scotland is threatening legal action if their game is cancelled. Oh and I can’t help but thinking the England France cancellation is very convenient giving both teams two weeks rest. What a mess.
It sounds like the tournament rules stipulate that if a game cannot be completed on the say it is schedule it would be ruled a 0-0 draw and would not be postponed. It is a ####ty rule and there always should have been a contingency plan in place.

I disagree that Eng/Fra have an advantage with the two weeks rest, neither team has faced a decent opponent yet. I would imagine you want to be pushed prior to an elimination game to see if there are any areas of your game that need to be changed/improved.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote