View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Kaon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I bought this one earlier this week at A&B Sound for $2,550.00 and I love it. It is set pretty damn bright out of the box though so turning on the auto adjuster, or just dulling it down is a good idea.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...gon=&langid=EN
46 inch Sharp Aquos 1080P / 1920x1080

Personally just walking around I loved the image on the Sharp a lot more than other TV's. The Sony's have a killer picture, but are expensive as hell for the size you get. The difference was not big enough for me to warrant spending $1,500 more for the same size TV. The Samsungs were nice, and I almost walked out with one, but liked the blacks on the Sharp better.

As for plasma, I play video games and found that sometimes I prefer watching a show with letterbox, so the LCD was the smarter choice for me. I didn't want to risk burn-in wrecking my new TV even if the colours tended to look better. (Honestly I didn't like the Panasonic LCD or Plasma screens I saw).

Oh and when the guy at A&B got to trying to sell cables he came straight out and said he wouldn't recommend monster cables as they are a waste of money even if he does get a better commission. Reasoning offered at the time was he was more interested in repeat customers, or people referring him to others so he could keep future comission streaming in. I'd already done my research and wasn't going to buy them, but it was nice to not hear the push I was expecting. I can send you his name in a PM if you'd like. At the least he was awesome to talk to TV's about, as he knew what he was talking about and wasn't trying to force a sale.

Last edited by Kaon; 03-30-2007 at 04:36 PM.