View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #999
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
My Kamado is pitboss, and its really good.

That said, thats a pellet grill you're looking at, and I'm quite biased when it comes to them. If you're not going into Yoder territory for price, I would recommend something else......

Louisiana @costco: great PID controller, small hopper but nice build

Camp Chef: INDISPENSABLE hopper dump chute, and firebox trapdoor. Not having to take apart the smoker to vacuum out ash or scoop pellets is just too good. I own one of these, the new ones have a better controller like the Louisiana

Rec-Tec: great controller, quite a common upgrade for every other grill. Great build quality, harder to find and get

Cost is no option? Go with a Yoder, the steel is insanely thick, meaning much better temp control.

At ALL costs avoid Traeger. Dodgy build, bad controllers, not worth what they charge.
I ended up pulling the trigger, deal was just to good.

I've used it 3 times so far; Ribs, Pork Loin and last night did a Beef Tenderloin and I've got to say everything has turned out awesome.

I agree, having to remove the grills to sweep out and vacuum the ash is annoying but saving over $300+ dollars makes up for the inconvenience. I've had no issues with any temperature control so far, its a lot easier to do than I thought it would be.

Never thought I'd enjoy a smoker as much as I have thus far, I cant wait to try out all sorts of other meats/cuts. I think my next protein to tackle is a nice big brisket.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote