Thread: [Game Takes] Panthers 3 Flames 2 (SO)
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #12
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I was traveling and did not see the game but...

Gio mentioned after the TBL game that they had to just play more direct and put pucks in and go to work. TBL stood up at the blueline took the puck off CGY and just went to the races on the transition.

Reading the comments in the FLA GT some posters were saying CGY had a lot of low quality shots, they played like last year or they are not built for that kind of hockey.

I think the top 2 lines (they guys who are on the ice the most) need to figure a way to be effective in these types of games.

Can Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm play the retrieval game? Those guys need to figure it out - they play the most and they either have to buy in with pucks deep and get it done or they need to play their 'off the rush' style and generate chances.

My guess is they did the pucks deep against FLA and really didn't generate much. Change the lines - to these pairs?
Gaudreau Monahan
Tkachuk Lindholm

Gaudreau Monahan Tkachuk
Bennett Backlund Lindholm

I don't watch them closely but has TBL changed their style with tighter games or do their guys just execute and CGY has decided to relax a bit after the break?
TBL approached the previous game determined not to get down 3-1 again. They had our entry and exit strategies scouted and countered.

That's how I saw it. If Game 1 was game 1 in a playoff series (shootout aside), Game 2 was the other team saying "your move".

But there's no game 3 for us to counter their counter unless both teams make it to the SCF.

As for the Panthers game I really wasn't concerned. Panthers shut down the middle and Flames took what they were given. Had their share of quality looks, including a Brodie rebound thatTkachuk could have banged into an open net, a Bennett wraparound, a quick Mangiapane snapper that reimer reacted to well, and some PP looks that just didn't go in. Smith played well but that second goal I still think he wants back given that he was set and not screened - and then it's a W. Yes, it was a great shot, but it would have been merely a solid save.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: