View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 02:25 AM   #21
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
That couldn't be any more ironic considering your original post.

Again, with the calories burned in a practice and game, candy is going to be negligible.

I have a good friend who grew up with a mutli-cup winning current NHL defender and have spoken to him personally about the amount of calories they are force fed just to maintain weight. Some of them lose a staggering amount of weight after playing one game. He said they eat multiple meals a day even when they don't want to eat.

You're the one making some very short sighted assumptions here. There is an intensive and grueling scrutiny put on these athletes by the team. The suggestion Gaudreau is being held back because he eats candy and drinks soda is just silly.

Where's my assumptions? That a diet containing vegetables is more beneficial to pro athletes than a diet that doesn't? or is the assumption that Gaudreau doesn't eat vegetables? Because he actually admitted it in the interview:

It's not so much that he's having Candy and soda on the side, it's the fact that he's not incorporating vegetables in his diet, which is the whole point of my OP

If you still don't want to believe me and continue to make your own assumptions, try reading up Michael Phelps diet

http://www.businessinsider.com/micha...lympics-2016-8

Despite all the pancakes, energy drinks and all proteins and carbs he brags about eating, Phelps still has to incorporate vegetables in his diet