View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:41 AM   #37
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I think you are missing the point.

People are "up in arms" that a celebrating attractive female needs to be put behind tags, but an attractive male giving a thumbs up, or a half naked Patrick Swayze (heart throb) pumping his hips doesn't need to be put in tags. Why the double standard? The intentions are good, but are the methods sending the wrong message?

If we de facto only allow attractive males, ugly females and animals in celebratory gifs and no attractive females in an effort to appease a small minority, the message that is getting sent is that female are celebrations are "bad" and need to be censored. Males only please.

I think all gifs should be allowed that follow the current guideline on nudity and extreme violence, etc. I think extra censorship is bad.

If your workplace isn't a good place to be viewing a PUBLIC forum wherein you may come across something that some random stranger on the internet has posted, it shouldn't be up to the mod team (or the individual poster for that matter), to protect you from your boss. Get off CP at work, or view it on your phone while you are taking a dump like a civilized human.
Can we just admit that the whole "i'm protecting women's rights by posting scantily clad and or suggestive pics/gifs" is total ####ing BS?

Might be one of the most hilarious misdirection arguments I've ever heard.

The suggestion that banning suggestive pics/gifs with attractive women is somehow discriminatory is beyond stupid. It's disingenuous to the point of being insulting to all of our collective intelligence.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason why mods are focusing on the sexy women is because no friggin gifs have ever been posted of scantily clad men! And like the mods have said, if for some reason half naked men dancing was the way we celebrated in the PGTs, those would be banned too. By banned I mean put behind NSFW tags.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: