View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #79
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
I love this thread and I'm very impressed by most of the information and insight you guys are able offer.

I have never put much thought in to this issue until now but it is timely considering we are planning on having children in the very near future (this year).

While I consider myself to be a very rational, objective minded person, I can understand the fear and doubt in parents' minds ....even if we are talking about correlation and not causation. To those posters who talk about parents and their precious 'snowflake' jumping to conclusions, I can't help but question whether i wouldn't react the same way if my child was involved ...and whether you wouldn't also. If you had a seemingly healthy child who took a turn for the worse shortly after receiving a vaccination, would you still be so sure about your convictions? Or would you naturally have questions and dreadful thoughts that you were somehow partly to blame for this?

Again, I am on the vaccinate side of this argument. I just think we should cut people some slack who have endured a very traumatic event and are asking questions. It doesn't make them quacks.
Agreed - While we are discussing this objectively, there is a very emotional human element to this.
amorak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amorak For This Useful Post: