View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #44
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Everything you've said here is correct. I'm not saying that history has any bearing on their success, though. That's not at all what I'm saying.

I'm just saying that their lack of success in the past has lowered my own personal expectations of what they will achieve. I have been conditioned to expect failure. I'm not saying that their failure is some sort of dooming curse. I just don't get optimistic about the team anymore because they haven't given me any reason to be. Add the saying goes, "I'll believe it when I see it"--and I haven't seen any of it. The failure is all I've ever known, so until it gets better in the playoffs, all of the regular-season success and the "best defenses in the league" don't mean a whole lot.

Perhaps that's irrational.
Wow, the Flames broke even the Eternal Optimist. Dark times.

You just haven't known ENOUGH failure. I've been experiencing failure every step of the way since 1995. Once you've seen enough bad times, you begin to miss them.

Reminds me of a very wise man's quote:

Quote:
“Ah you think darkness failure is your ally? You merely adopted the dark failure. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light playoffs until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!”
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post: