View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
My vote is for fishing trip. I'd head out to one of the islands around Vancouver and rent a house on the ocean.

Funny, I despised Neilson Beach. When we went all it was was 18 year olds running around with fireworks listening to rap music. It was the first "goddammit i'm old" experience of my life and I was only 25 at the time. I actually had to tell a group of kids that cutting down a 75 foot tall spruce tree for firewood was a bad idea.

Oh ya, and if you happen to have a daughter around the age of 17-19 and she wants to go houseboating ... do whatever you can to convince her not to. Make stuff up. Perhaps a story of a rouge rapist that runs around the shushwap. Anything.
I had a great time the few times I went houseboating, but I do agree that there are some idiots out there. Maybe its just cause I'm getting old as well...

I remember envisioning the trip being filled with tons of hot 18-25 yr old bikini-clad babes looking for a good time.

REALITY CHECK!!! Houseboating is a sausage fest.

Nevertheless, I would suggest it as a good alternative. You + buddies + boat/seadoo + wakeboarding/water skiiing + junk food + beer = good weekend. You can make it what you want it to be and can interact with others as often or as little as you wish.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote