View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #279
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

The Bennett Draisaitl thing again ... I know I wrote on this earlier in the season, but here's an update with a different graphic.

Feel free to challenge my categories for each player for both teams, but it certainly points to an issue in both players contract negotiations.

The Oilers have a superstar, Calgary doesn't. Draisaitl spent his second highest load of minutes last season with said superstar.

Bennett has a secondary player and then three straight depth players on his hit list.

Draisaitl doesn't get saddled with a depth player until his 7th most frequent linemate.

Even the dmen are skewed with Draisaitl getting the Oilers top pairing as his most frequent linemates while Bennett gets Engelland.

Lastly the cumulative look at the bottom shows 1656 minutes for Bennett with the combination of superstar, core and secondary player, less than 50% of his total. Draisaitl has over 75% of his time away from scrubs.

Can't dispute Draisaitl's production, and ice time can't equal all differences but there could be a lot more highway on this comparison down the road.

The key is how do they fix this for 2017-18 in Calgary without breaking up the top two lines?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: