View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #240
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
On another note, is there one thing we can change as a board? It's something I've been guilty of a lot so I'm not taking any moral high ground here.

Can we be a lot more respectful and less arrogant towards our neighbours to the south and their country? It comes off poorly and they already have so much **** to deal with. You would think that as Albertans we could understand the frustration and alienation that goes with everyone ****ing on you for things that are mostly beyond your control.

I could go on how about how our governments aren't comparable or how they have a million complicated issues that we don't have to deal with, but all that's besides the point that we should aspire to be the great people that we're known for around the world, and the way many continually knock them and their people down is the opposite of who we claim to be.

America's a beautiful place with millions of amazing, kind, smart people. They're a world super power with 340 million people, and an oppressive, malicious government, of course things aren't going to run smoothly, but let's not continually call their whole country stupid.
I disagree. Having spent 8 years in the south, (Half in south Carolina and half here in Oklahoma) I can confirm America sucks. It's not some small percentage of vocal folks. It's quite a large percentage that are against education, women, minorities, non Christians, etc... I even have redneck family back in illinois that spend all day posting confederate flag memes on Facebook. It's disgusting. I remember the first time someone in SC told me that the civil war wasn't about slavery, but state's rights. Blew my mind.

Anywho, I think you'll find much of the harshest criticisms on here are from is Americans. I genuinely wonder if I should move to a different country. This one seems to not be a good fit for me.

Last edited by dobbles; 08-13-2017 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Typo
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post: