View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #1217
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm going to Vegas in two weeks and I'm sure this thread has lots of recommendations but I don't want to sift through all the pages. I'm looking for some casual dining recommendations with some decent food, reasonably priced and not too snobby or "inventive." I'll probably hit Bautista's one day and a dinner buffet at one of the resorts. I was thinking about checking out that Heart Attack Grill on Freemont for the novelty of it but a buddy of mine said it wasn't worth it. Are there any options for me on/near the strip?

I'll be there in a couple weeks too.

In'n'out burger is now on the strip on the Linq walkway.

There is a Fat Burger, "close" to MGM Grand but I'm sure you probably don't want to each there, especially if you've eaten there in Calgary. But if you do, it is north of MGM Grand, just north of the M&M Store and Coca Cola store.

Like Mexican? I eat at Gonzalez & Gonzalez in NewYorkNewYork each trip I make.

I'm going to try Nacho Daddy. I'm not sure how to get to it the best way. I think you can get to it from the street, along Harmon, but I'm wondering if you can get to it from within Miracle Mile Mall in Planet Hollywood.

Not sure if Rainforest Cafe is up your alley or not. My wife and I had a tradition of eating breakfast there on our last day, but they stopped serving breakfast, the dorks!

Shake Shack at NYNY!

Tom's Urban at NYNY! Their breakfasts are massively awesome! I haven't tried other meals there but I'm going to.

Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY. My buddy and his wife treated us there last time and it was pretty good actually. I think my wife wants to go back there.

I hear there is a good burger joint at <insert resort here>. It isn't hard to find a burger place. Wallburgers is at the Bazaar Shops in front of Bally's. I've heard mixed reviews on it though.

I have been following a couple of poker vloggers lately, and one of them has been raving about Dirty Dog. They take a hot dog and wrap it in bacon and put other stuff on it, depending on what dog you get. It cannot be healthy by any stretch of the imagination but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be eating there at least once!

Giordano's Pizza at the Bazaar Shops in front of Bally's looks pretty good too. I haven't tried it but I hear its good.

Looking for a breastaurant? My friend enjoyed Twin Peaks, corner of Harmon and the Strip, right by Miracle Mile Mall/Planet Hollywood... then again he ate at The Tilted Kilt once or twice a week here in Lethbridge until it closed down so take that for what it is worth.

Want a good sandwich? In Miracle Mile Mall is Earl of Sandwich. I haven't eaten there yet, but everybody has told me to do so. I'll have to try.

Also, Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. I hear breakfast there is great, if you get there early enough to get a patio table you get great early morning views.

There is no shortage of restaurants to eat at on the strip. Plenty of economical places to eat at, and you'll likely have no problem finding them at any of the resorts that aren't 5 star resorts. Sometimes you may just want to eat fast food. Plenty of options along the strip for that too.

Last edited by Buff; 10-26-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: