View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #1213
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Sorry to be THAT guy, but what's the atmosphere in Vegas now? Is it business as usual, the show will go on that type of mentality down there?

I was about to pull the trigger to book for a Christmas trip down there, but the Oct 1 incident happened...
I'm staying at the Venetian with Vlad. That guys rolls. It's busy. The lights are on, the restaurants are full, the bars are loud. Most of the signs still have messages of support and calls for witnesses. But the show must and is going on. There was a vigil/walk down the strip the other night...large group out and about so that was cool. In general I think it's quieter, maybe less drunken stupidity. More cops. No noticeable change in security.

I've noticed several "citizen journalist" types running around with cameras trying to talk to people. Gawkers still head down to that end of the strip for a look.

It's weird though cause I'm here trying to put together an exhibition and have had absolutely no luck for the last six months. This was my last kick at it and the whole tone of the people I've been talking to is different. I've now got my choice of dates, all the support I need and a even a small budget. There's no reason for the change other than they now think it's a better fit than before. i don't think they've had any cancellations.

I've got a few long term friends here and they say generally most people have so many questions and there is a major lack of trust for the investigation in general. There was definitely another shooting at the Bellagio about an hour after the Mandalay but no coverage whatsoever. There was a guy arrested in Tennessee the day after the shooting. He had a car full of bump stocks and ammo. He's the same angry white man character but he isn't talking at all, yet they immediately said he had nothing to do with Vegas. I'd say there's a lot of locals who are unusually anxious and likely fairly traumatized.

I think you will have a totally normal experience. Rent a lambo. See Cirque. Get hammered. In that order.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote