View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #1313
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
This is how you build confidence and rapport with the community - by being accessible. It really gives the opportunity to see these folks as more than just pro athletes and instead as fans of the sport trying to do the best they can to give a great experience. Love it.
Just gotta say - I'm a casual fan at best when it comes to the sport of soccer but my interest has grown over the last handful of years as we start seeing Canadians having tremendous success playing all over the world, Canadian franchises being more competitive in MLS, the Women's program success, etc.. I've never been a "soccer is boring" person but the more I watch, the more I "get it" and my interest is steadily growing.

I went to a couple games this season for the first time after moving to South Calgary and really enjoyed the overall experience (minus the cost of beer which I found to be absurd). Seeing the organization hold grassroots events like this in the community with their hardcore fans really speaks to me as someone who is likely within the prime demographic they are trying to reach for prospective season ticket holders. I don't know if anyone from the Cavalry reads this thread but if so, my message would be to keep it up because if these sorts of events are making an impression on someone like myself, I can guarantee you there are many others out there who you will reach and convert into fans moving forward.

Just wanted to echo what you said above Ozy. I hope a good time was had by all and I look forward to seeing how the organization continues to build relationships within the local community. Go Cavs.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trojan97 For This Useful Post: