View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
Hackey
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
From my testimonial for Travis:

That house sat on the market for 3 or 4 months, and eventually sold for $35K less than mine sold for. And the house was in a better part of the community from mine. (Further from Stoney, less traffic noise.) Not only was there a far superior market plan, but also with an experienced realtor there was a number of minor things that Travis had me do. You don't get that with a discount brokerage; or even with some less skilled realtors.

Short version, I spent $16K selling my home with Travis, and got $35K more than the discount brokerage. And not only did we have it done in 3 or 4 days, but had we not, I would have been super stressed. I had already put a deposit down on the new house. So simple math plus no stress makes this an easy question for me.

I also see a lot of houses on the market from walking my dog everywhere. I see a pattern where the discount places tend to stay on the market longer. Part of that is marketing, and part is that you don't have a partner telling you what to do. Those Realtor commercials are over the top corny, but they have a ring of truth to them.
If the other home truly did sell $35k under yours I have to assume there were reasons for that. The condition of the home could have been poor. The improvements could have been a lot worse. Maybe they were offering a low commission to the buyers agent. If your house was getting a lot of traffic then agents would likely be taking their clients to the other home as well if it was so similar in the same area.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote