View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #70
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We always had the C2 to support the C1's. Even though nobody was a fan of the C2 and it was a poor infantry support weapon, it was still effective at keeping an enemies head down and had great range. Part of squad leadership was siting a weapon like that. I still remember getting totally crapped on for my decision in placing my C2 gunner on top of a small hill, and realizing after the fact that his life would be measured in seconds even though he had a great observable position.

When I was in squads had 1 C2, which to me was short. It would work with weapon like the M-60 belt fed that would spray lots of rounds at a high rate of speed.

Yeah, Canada didn't really have a proper GPMG until the start of the 80's. we'll kinda in WW2 they used the Bren, the Victors and the M2, which iirc was an upgraded M19191, but the 1919 was used into the 70's.

The Canadian Forces has in my mind done a piss poor job in terms of personal weapons and kit decisions. A lot of the decisions didn't make any sense at all.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: