View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #65
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've fired both. Both had their strong points.

The AK-47 was really designed for a tech poor or poorly trained conscript. Easy to lead and fire, can be heavily abused and still fired. I never found it to be a really accurate weapon, but makes up for it with sheer range and killing power. Easy to dissassemble and clean. But is a pretty heavy weapon to cart around with reloads.

The M-16 to me was pretty accurate even in the days before things like optic sights. It was pretty lightweight. It's springs and small cartridge really made it pretty accurate in burst and single. Really wasn't to me a great in field weapon because of the nature of how its cleaned and how finicky it was when it got dirty. It didn't have the same kind of shoot through killing power as the AK-47.

Now give me an FNC1A1 any day, and I was always happy.
Love it.

I have also fired both. It is funny eh, that different people have different take aways.

I never had an issue with my C7 and dirt. But the FN I did, hell I recall cracking it and pouring breakfree down to keep the weapon happy.

I always found the AK to be, well "Soviet" if that makes sense, every time I fired. It was designed to put round down range and any/all other components of it's existence were ignored. I mean FFS you rip of a number of rounds and the forestock got hot. It really lacked the refinement of the AR/C7. I knew that a round would go where I wanted it to go the same can't be said for an AK. I reckon you would need 10 AK rounds to 1 C7 round to kill someone based on accuracy. Also, and this is going deep into my memory banks they C7 round tumbled and caused great damage. An AK (like an FN) would blow straight through you leaving a cleaner wound (but that is a hazy memory).

While I, like you, have a fond spot in my heart for the FN the truth is the battlefield left it behind. The AR/C7 is the perfect weapon for today's conflicts, IMO. The ability to reach out and know your round will impact where you want it to impact is more important than ever.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: